Articles on this Page
- 04/27/17--12:23: _Why Aren’t We Going...
- 05/08/17--10:55: _Geek Attire with Aw...
- 07/26/17--17:13: _Six Tricks for Taki...
- 08/28/17--16:34: _Are you living in Z...
- 09/01/17--16:58: _I’ve tried a lot of...
- 11/17/17--16:23: _Want 15% off on Moo...
- 12/21/17--19:54: _Get that Kid a Game...
- 05/25/18--15:44: _Announcement: My No...
- 06/04/18--12:22: _Vice Report availab...
- 07/23/18--10:37: _Big sale on Vice Re...
- 10/17/18--09:35: _Echo Auto Available...
- 10/17/18--12:21: _Workout Shorts with...
- 10/18/18--07:34: _Twelve Audio Books ...
- 10/10/18--15:02: _Self-employment: Is...
- 10/24/18--09:13: _Get $40 for Joining...
- 10/25/18--02:46: _Three Reliable Plac...
- 10/26/18--10:20: _Deal on Echo Dot
- 10/30/18--14:30: _Perpetual Wine Glas...
- 04/27/17--12:23: Why Aren’t We Going to Space?
- 05/08/17--10:55: Geek Attire with Awesome Pockets: Deal!
- 07/26/17--17:13: Six Tricks for Taking Great Underwater Photos with a Cheap Camera
- 08/28/17--16:34: Are you living in Zombieland? Here’s how to tell.
- 09/01/17--16:58: I’ve tried a lot of laptop bags. This one is the best.
- 11/17/17--16:23: Want 15% off on Moo Business cards?
- 12/21/17--19:54: Get that Kid a Game that Teaches Coding!
- 05/25/18--15:44: Announcement: My Novel is for Sale on Amazon!
- 06/04/18--12:22: Vice Report available on Kindle
- 07/23/18--10:37: Big sale on Vice Report for Kindle!
- 10/17/18--09:35: Echo Auto Available for Pre-Order
- 10/17/18--12:21: Workout Shorts with a Phone Pocket
- 10/18/18--07:34: Twelve Audio Books to Add to Your Library
- 10/10/18--15:02: Self-employment: Is that where the kids went?
- 10/24/18--09:13: Get $40 for Joining Airbnb
- 10/25/18--02:46: Three Reliable Places that Answer Kids’ Questions
- 10/26/18--10:20: Deal on Echo Dot
- 10/30/18--14:30: Perpetual Wine Glass Makes a Great Gift
I grew up on Star Trek. My Dad was a NASA engineer. This is why I am fascinated by technology. What happened to us? Why did we stop going to space? I am looking forward to this movie, which seems to attempt an answer.
This cute trench coat has 18 pockets Pockets. Why are women’s clothes so lacking in them? Women have more gear to carry than men, generally speaking. Yet our clothes are shamefully pocket-less. Laura and Scott Jordan, founders of SCOTTeVEST, get this. Everything they make is loaded with enough pockets to make your purse obsolete. They […]
I am a SCUBA diver. Whenever I can find the time and the money, I get under water. There is nothing like it. Most of the time, I go under water just to enjoy it. But like any tourist with the good luck and technical savvy to visit another planet, I like to bring back […]
In horror movies, the invading threat is usually a monster, human turned evil, or something undead. But, chances are pretty good that — just like the oblivious protagonist in every scary movie – you are living in the midst of horror scenario right now and don’t know it. You – or more accurately your Internet […]
I am a bag addict. I have bags for every normal purpose. And some that have no real purpose. I buy them. I shop for them. I consider them a hobby. And it is only because of this obsession that I happened by accident upon what I think might be the perfect laptop bag. It […]
I love Moo! It’s the best — and easiest — place to get your branding down on paper. Mini cards, cotton paper, square, a different photo on every card? Whatever you need. This is the way to love the cards you carry. I got you a discount. Just follow this link to […]
I’m the game geek here at Geek Girlfriends. Teaching kids coding through games is all the rage this year and the //CODE Programming Game Series by the folks at Thinkfun are designed to do exactly that. I was skeptical that a game with such a goal, could be fun. But, if it’s a game, I’ll […]
I’m springing this on everyone all at once but–trust me–this has been a long time coming. My novel Vice Report is now on sale at Amazon. Please buy a copy so I can keep writing. It’s available in paper right now! The Kindle version will be available in the next few days. It is a […]
Prefer your reading in a portable format? Like to download the sample of a new read before you spend any hard earned cash on it? Me too! I take no offense at this. My novel, Vice Report–a mystery set in the life of a woman trying to survive a destructive marriage and the crumbling of […]
I am doing a super-quick sale on the Kindle copy of Vice Report because life is spendy and most of us are on a budget. If you move sharpish, you can get this book into your library for a fraction of the cover price. The price is starting out low and going up every couple […]
I have been pestering Amazon for an Echo that works in the car for years. Every time I go on a road trip, I am barely an hour into the trip before I start asking Alexa questions and cursing her refusal to travel. Well, they finally listened to me! This is so gratifying. […]
I love Athleta clothes. But I don’t always want to pay that much money, especially for something I’m going to wear for maybe an hour. But if I go for a hike, or the morning dog walk, I want a pocket for my phone. These shorts deliver on all fronts: Price, comfort, pocket. Amazon, $19.
I spent a lot of time in the car this year. And I am gearing up for another big road trip. For this book geek, car time = audio book time. Nothing keeps me awake and gives my driving buddy and I more to talk about than listening to a great book while we burn […]
I’m self-employed. Have been since my teenage daughter was a baby. I blame her for pushing me out of the nine-to-five. But I also thank her for it. Working for myself is amazing. I will never go back to a full-time, on site job. I have too many side interests, too much freedom, too much control. Continue Reading
I love Airbnb. I use it for most of my travel and to rent my own place out when I’m not in it. (This makes travel much more affordable!) I have been doing this for ten years and have never had a problem. Mostly I have stayed in places I should not have been able Continue Reading
Someone asked me how to talk to kids about difficult topics. This is daunting but worth the effort. It grows informed kids willing to discuss anything from history to science to politics. I used a lot of online resources to get mine there. One great thing about growing up in the information age, though, is Continue Reading
The Echo Dot is, I think, the Amazon Echo to get. It’s small, easy to hide in a corner, and you can connect it to your own speakers if you want Alexa to play music for you. Put one in the bathroom to listen to podcasts in the shower. One in the kitchen for timers Continue Reading
Months ago, Swig sent me a pair of very sweet Insulated Stainless-Steel Stemless Wine Cups. I have used one of them every day since the day they arrived. I sip water from one all day long as I work. I drink wine out of one at picnics and when I go to the beach. They Continue Reading